We outline below the various steps involved in arranging a funeral. You can arrange a funeral with us by telephoning any one of us and we will arrange to call to your home or meet you at our funeral home at a time, which suits you.
- We discuss the choice of burial or cremation.
- Where new graves are required we liase the relevant people to organise the new plots.
- We organise open / closing of grave and dressing of the grave on the day of the funeral.
- If cremation is the chosen option we will prepare all the necessary paperwork and organise the cremation.
- We discuss choice of removal from the family home, funeral home, hospital or nursing home.
- Where person has died abroad we liaise with funeral director in the other country to organise the prompt and safe return of the deceased and get details of flight / boat arrival times.
- Where it is the wish of the deceased or their family that they be buried in an other country, we prepare all the necessary paperwork and organise flights / ferry as required and liase with the nominated funeral director in the other country.
- We liase/confirm details with clergy, churches, cemeteries, crematoria, as required.
- We care for, prepare and dress the deceased, as per the family’s wishes.
- We assist in the selection of a coffin or casket from our extensive range, which is available to view in our showroom at the funeral home .
- We assist in preparing and inserting death notices for publication on local radio or in local / national newspapers.
- We provide the funeral vehicles required. We have a modern Mercedes hearse and also can provide limousines if required.
- We can arrange a selection of Floral Tributes either in silk wreaths, which we have a selection available to view in our showrooms or fresh flowers which we source from a local florist.
- We assist with music and hymn selection. We can provide the musicians who will liase with the family to select suitable music for the funeral service
- We provide condolence books for signing at the funeral home, residence, church/crematorium and also online on this website.
- We discuss payments on your behalf to third parties, e.g. clergy, musicians, grave diggers etc.
- If required we can provide a full written estimate of the funeral costs.
- Should the family require we can recommend some local venues, which could cater for the provision of light refreshments after the funeral.
Assistance provided after the funeral.
- Selection of an urn or casket for cremated ashesand the collection, burial or scattering of ashes.
- Help with the preparation of Acknowledgement notices.
- We provide booklets, which give details of Bereavement grants.
- Assistance with the selection of a headstone or an additional inscription on an existing headstone.
- Should the family require we can organise a stonemason to carry out this work.